We are pleased to inform you that we will now introduce the Oral-B Pro 7000 and Oral-B Pro 8000. This is because these electric toothbrushes are the best oral b electric toothbrushes in 2018. These brushes come in different types and with different features which enable users to choose one which will best suit their oral needs. These electric toothbrushes offer superior plaque removal compared to manual toothbrushes. Additionally, because they provide the brushing action, it is easier to use than the manual ones.
- 1 SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE ORAL-B PRO 7000 AND 8000
- 2 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE ORAL-B PRO 7000 AND 8000
- 3 Conclusions
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THE ORAL-B PRO 7000 AND 8000
While the Oral-B Pro 8000 is a newer version of the 7000, they both possess some similar features as we shall see. Here are some of the features.
The pressure sensors notify the user that they are pressing the toothbrush too hard, by means of red flashes. In addition to the red flashes, when a user presses the toothbrush too hard, the power and speed of the brush head automatically slow down. This prevents damage to the tooth and gum as tooth wear or gum recession.
Bluetooth technology helps the user to track their regularity in brushing, how long they brush and how well they brush. The Bluetooth connects the toothbrush to the Oral-B app on the user’s phone and helps track your progress. It also motivates you to develop the habit of brushing twice a day to maintain a good oral hygiene.
Both brushes come with the cross action brush head. The brush head is particularly useful for plaque removal along the gum line. It also promotes tooth by tooth cleaning due to its 16 degree angled bristles which help it reach deep between teeth. Both are also compatible with the Oral-B brush head refills such the Sensi Ultra-Thin brush head for sensitive teeth and gums, the Ortho brush head designed for teeth with braces, the 3D White brush head for whitening of the teeth, the Precision Clean brush head which removes five times more plaque in the gum line and the Floss Action head which is especially useful for removing plaque buildup between the teeth. This enables users to choose brush heads which meets their special oral needs.
These brushes all can be used in the six modes of cleaning available to this toothbrush. These include the daily cleaning mode which is all about cleaning the teeth on a regular basis, the gun care cleaning mode which focuses most of its attention on the gum, the sensitive mode which is for sensitive teeth and gum, whitening mode which makes your teeth look whiter, the tongue cleansing mode which focuses on the tongue and the pro cleaning mode which takes cleaning to another level
3D Cleaning Action
The 3-D cleaning action of both brushes generates a pulsating action as well as a back and forth oscillating-rotating motion to enable effective cleaning of teeth and gums. This creates an effect known as the ‘non-contact’ brushing effect whereby the toothbrush agitates the liquids which surround the tooth, causing the removal of plaques in areas where the brush bristles cannot reach.
The quad-pacer is a timer that counts the time to be spent on each quarter of the teeth. The teeth are divided into four parts: the upper left quadrant, the lower left quadrant, the upper right quadrant & the lower right quadrant. Each section requires 30 seconds for cleaning. The quad-pacer notifies the user when the 30 seconds allocated for a quadrant has run finished. After 30 seconds, the brush head pauses briefly and there’s a noise that alerts the user that the time has elapsed. This ensures that brushing is balanced.
The smart timer enables the user to know just how long they have spent brushing their teeth. The smart timer helps you to brush for the recommended time by your dentist.
The cleaning mode in the toothbrushes can be used for the user’s specific oral needs. Some of the cleaning modes are daily clean, gum care or massage, sensitive, whitening, pro clean and tongue cleaner.
- The daily clean mode is the standard mode for daily brushing. It lasts for 2 minutes and can have up to 10,500 oscillations up to 48,000 pulsations.
- The gum care mode is especially helpful for those who have inflamed, sore or bleeding gums. It gently massages the gums promoting blood flow and it strengthens the gum tissues. The cycle lasts for 2 minutes.
- The sensitive mode is for those areas of the mouth which are very sensitive. It lasts for 2 minutes.
- The whitening mode polishes the teeth to make it whiter and brighter. It lasts for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. The pro clean is the same with the daily clean, only that it lasts longer. It lasts for 3 minutes with 45 seconds for each quadrant.
- The tongue cleaner is used to clean the tongue or the inside of the cheeks. It lasts for 20 seconds.
The toothbrushes provide you with real-time feedback on your brushing habits. Once you connect your toothbrush to your phone via Bluetooth, it tells you when your teeth are clean.
Oral-B Smart App
They both support the use of a smart app. The Oral-B smart app is available for users in both Android and IOS operating systems. To connect your toothbrush, however, your mobile device must have Bluetooth 4.0 and your operating system must also support the Bluetooth 4.0.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE ORAL-B PRO 7000 AND 8000
No doubt, there are a lot of similar features between both models as we have seen. However, there are a few differences between the Oral-B Pro 7000 and the Oral-B Pro 8000. Here are some of the differences.
The shape of the Handle
When it comes to the shape of their handles, the Oral-B Pro 7000 uses a handle which has an ergonomic design whereas the Oral-B Pro 8000 uses a handle which is cylindrical in shape. A large area of the Oral-B Pro 8000 is made up of soft rubber which enables an easier grip and is more comfortable to use compared to the irregular shape of the Pro 7000 handle.
In terms of the colors available for both toothbrushes, the Oral-B Pro 7000 is available in both black and white colors while the Oral-B Pro 800O is available in black and rose gold.
The Pro 7000 comes with a Premium travel case while the Pro 8000 has a Smart Travel case. With the smart travel case, you can expect to have your toothbrush with you whenever you decide to go on a trip. You also have the ability to charge your toothbrush on the go which is simply remarkable! These features are not present in the Premium travel case.
When it comes to plaque removal, the Oral-B Pro 7000 can boast of removing 100% plaques while the Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 can remove 500% more plaques in the teeth than a regular manual toothbrush would.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is equipped with a NiMH battery which can last up to 10 days with regular use while the Oral-B Pro 8000 comes with a Li-Ion battery which can last up to 12 days with regular use. The Oral-B Pro is slightly better in terms of battery life between both toothbrushes.
There are certain features however that are unique to both toothbrushes.
- The Oral-B Pro 7000 comes with a wireless smart guide which helps you to check the time you’ve spent brushing gist in case you do not have your mobile device with you whereas the Oral-B Pro 8000 no longer has that feature. Instead, it comes with a smartphone holder.
- The Oral-B Pro 8000 now has an advanced position detection tech which lets y see where you’re brushing so you don’t miss any spot while brushing.
- The Oral-B Pro 8000 now works with facial recognition.
- The Pro 8000 comes with a 360° Degree Smart-ring which lets you receive feedbacks from the Bluetooth connection, timer and pressure sensors. These feedbacks are indicated to the user through a change in the color. And you also can customize your favorite colors in 12 colors. Therefore, the user of the toothbrush is always kept informed of all action and whether it is the right one or the wrong one.
- Oral-B Pro 8000 is equipped with a smartphone holder which enables you to keep your phone close to you while brushing.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 and 8000 are capable of providing you with a superior cleaning. They both also have several features which help clean the teeth and gums. However, because of the additional features of the Pro 8000, it is slightly better than the Pro 7000. The cost of both toothbrushes varies depending on the location. In the UK, the Pro 8000 is cheaper than the 7000 while in the US, it is more expensive.